The Chief Psychologist is responsible for the Goodman Psychological Services Internship Program under the supervision of the Director of the Goodman Psychological Services Center. Responsible for the maintaining of the APA accredited internship program with the assistance of the Director of the Goodman Center.
- Maintains a doctoral internship program consistent with the APA’s Commission on Accreditation’s standards and also CAU’s mission and vision.
- Works closely with the Director of the Goodman Center for compliance with APA requirements.
- Works closely with the Director of the Goodman Center in the administration of the clinic.
- A minimum of 2 hours of service training providing support to case assessments and crisis intervention.
- Design the schedule for Didactics Activities
- Coordinate resources needed for the Internship program.
- Assesses the quality of the internship programs to ensure adequate supervision, training and compliance with accrediting bodies.
- Maintains responsibilities for the preparation of reports required by the University and/or accrediting, licensing and professional agencies.
- Provides group supervision to interns at the Goodman Center on a weekly basis.
- Provides individual supervision to interns on a weekly basis.
- Provides didactics for the interns weekly. At times, other professional experts on certain topics are used for this purpose.
- Maintains the internship’s website with up to date information.
- Updates the annual internship description for the APPIC Directory.
- Organizes and implements the process for the annual Intern selection according to APA, APPIC, and University procedures.
- Is responsible for preparing the certificate for completion for interns.
- Is responsible for completing Licensing Supervisory Form for interns.
- Is responsible for the assignment and rotation of clinical supervisors for interns.
- Participates in student evaluations twice per academic session at the faculty and clinical meetings to determine student progress and professional development.
- Teaches one course a semester in the Psy.D. Program or supervises an additional unit in the clinic.
- Is directly responsible to the Director of the Goodman Center.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of the Goodman Center.
Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology. A minimum of 5 years in the supervision of clinical psychology practicum or internship programs. Teaching experience is highly desirable. Licensed in the State of Florida is required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a typical climate-controlled office environment and the noise level is usually quiet.
and send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org