Provide technical support to students, faculty, and staff during a combination of daytime, evening, and weekend hours. Support the Instructional Design Lab in any necessary task. In order to assist our users, Educational Technology HelpDesk professionals must possess both the technical knowledge required for troubleshooting and the customer service skills necessary to interact with individuals who are experiencing technical problems.
· Provide technical support to students, faculty, staff, and other stakeholder groups to determine technical problems as part of the troubleshooting process.
· Assist faculty in regard to basic technical issues, utilizing their online courses, student concerns, and general Learning Management System concerns.
· Provide instructional design support to faculty utilizing Blackboard Learning Management System for delivery of course content deliverables, including online course materials, assignments, discussion sessions, exams, evaluations, etc.
· Perform recordings and stream video in the studio or any other place as requested.
· Provide backup and support to the projects.
· Assist Educational Technology Manager with the Studio video recordings production in general.
· Assist students and faculty with the usage of Studio equipment.
· Read and understand complex manuals and terminology and then communicate information using basic terminology.
· Track and monitor problems/issues to ensure a timely resolution.
· Provide technical support during a combination of daytime, evening, and weekend hours.
· Perform other related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in IT preferred, Minimum one (1) year experience in IT support position.
· Greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
· Learn to operate new technologies as they are developed and implemented.
· Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
· Ability to take direction and work independently as needed.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with highly sensitive information.
· Knowledge of online communication tools (e.g., Microsoft Teams, ZOOM, etc.).
· Strong computer skills; Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
· Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally and in writing.
· Ability to address student needs while following University policies and procedures.
· Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) (e.g., Blackboard).
· Demonstrated ability to design online courses and materials using a variety of hardware and software tools (e.g., Adobe Suite, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Captivate, Camtasia Studio, Articulate Studio, Telestream Wirecast, Panopto, and others).
· Exceptional customer service skills.
· Strong problem-solving skills.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to be flexible with changing priorities.
· Bilingual Preferred.
· Familiarity with the implications of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) on the presentation of web content and electronic resources for accessibility.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a typical climate-controlled office environment and the noise level is usually quiet.
To apply please send resume to: email@example.com