COMMUNICATIONS AND SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
PRESIDENTIAL OFFICE PUERTO RICO
SUMMARY: The Communications and Social Media Manager will assist the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) in implementing a comprehensive and integrated institutional marketing plan. The Communications and Social Media Manager will promote a positive public image and manage the dissemination of information on the University’s behalf. The team member will play a key role in supporting the institutional and region-based communication efforts. Exceptional communication and copywriting skills are essential. The associate will drive projects from initial concept through final delivery, partnering closely with various leadership teams and stakeholders/clients. The Communications and Social Media Manager will serve as the link between the institution and its social media followers. Must be a writer (English and Spanish), project manager, critical/creative thinker, and storyteller. Shall manage market research, data analytics from social media, and communications campaigns. The Manager shall be collaborative, passionate, high-energy, organized, articulate, and able to distill clear messages to promote the University’s culture and mission.
EDUCATION – A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or related field is required; a Master’s degree is preferred.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of five years’ proven experience in a marketing manager or business development role.
- Public Relations, agency or marketing experience at an educational institution is highly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Proven experience as a communications manager.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop digital content.
- Meets deadlines effectively.
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
- Familiar with marketing automation platform/progressive profiling (CRM such as Hub Spot).
- Familiar with CMS such as WordPress
The ideal candidate will have many of the following additional abilities:
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences and creatively devising and leading across channels marketing campaigns that engage, educate, and motivate.
- Demonstrated record of achievement in private, non-profit higher education, preferably.
- Collaborative, supportive, and strong leadership style.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
To be considered, applicants should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should submit a cover letter by August 25, 2022 to ensure full consideration.
Albizu is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.