DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL LEARNING
MIAMI, FL OR SAN JUAN, PR OR REMOTE
SUMMARY: Albizu University (AU) is seeking an experienced and collaborative leader to serve as Director of Digital Learning (DDL) under the supervision of the Chief Academic Officer (CAO). The DDL will organize and lead institutional efforts towards a new initiative to centrally support AU’s strategic growth in online and hybrid delivery. AU has a limited portfolio of online offerings and looks forward to expanding its reach in domestic and international markets.
The DDL will work in conjunction with the CAO to provide oversight to institutional activities related to online learning. AU is looking to hire a strong leader who has a proven record of driving faculty adoption and use of the digital learning environment to support the teaching and learning mission at a top-tier institution. We seek someone who can take the lessons learned from remote instruction necessitated by COVID 19 and innovate the AU student learning experience and support. This position will serve as a key member of the leadership team providing strategic direction to the growth trajectory of the institutional Digital Learning Unit.
EDUCATION – Master’s degree in Instructional Design and Technology, Curriculum and Instruction, Adult Learning and Literacy, Higher Education, or related field.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of ten (10) years of management experience in higher education or academic technology to include instructional design, curriculum and instruction, and faculty development.
- Demonstrated experience in meeting the needs of university faculty and students from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with the following: Project management, cloud-based team collaboration and management, learning technologies in higher education settings, learning consulting, change management, strategic planning and implementation, instructional design, faculty training and development, customizing content, client and customer-service, end-user experience design, request for proposal process oversight, and data collection and analysis.
- Strategic vision, business and technical acumen, and strong communication and collaboration skills.
- A consensus builder experienced working within shared governance to build support for a decision or direction.
The ideal candidate is a well-balanced leader who will collaborate with executive leadership to implement opportunities for digital transformation of AU’s operations. This position requires a leader familiar with complex multi-stakeholder organizations. The successful candidate shall work well under pressure, enjoy a fast-paced environment, is detail oriented, and is able to exercise discretion in decision-making processes.
To be considered, applicants should apply to email@example.com. Candidates should submit a cover letter by December 31 to ensure full consideration.
Albizu is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.