Miami, FL or San Juan, PR or Remote
SUMMARY: Albizu University is seeking an experienced and collaborative leader to serve as an interim Chief Information Officer (I-CIO) for a period of 12 to 18 months. The I-CIO will serve during the period of a presidential transition.
The I-CIO will direct the implementation of several important technology strategies and guide the transition to a new leadership structure. The I-CIO will also lead institutional technology planning, optimize the implementation of the current ERP and student information system, and improve the structure and practices of Albizu’s technology organization.
The I-CIO will be empowered to steward university-wide strategic planning initiatives for information technology, establish an enterprise architecture, lead the evaluation and adoption of technologies; partner with academic leadership to provide technology platforms to support growth in online courses and global programs; and provide leadership for technology staff at San Juan, Mayaguez, and Miami locations.
The ideal candidate is a well-balanced leader who will collaborate with executive leadership to implement opportunities for digital transformation of university operations, mature IT service delivery capabilities, and provide technology platforms to support online and hybrid learning. This senior position requires a leader familiar with complex multi-stakeholder organizations. Candidates should have experience deploying and maintaining a portfolio of technology solutions across a complex organizational structure, have managed a distributed team of IT experts, and d experience leading all aspects of technology and process change projects.
The change agenda is comprehensive and ambitious and will require careful planning and a consultative process to maintain alignment between IT initiatives, available resources, and University priorities. As a member of the leadership team, the I-CIO will be a key advisor helping to shape and support the University’s administrative, online learning and global strategies. Finally, the I-CIO will be responsible for coordinating the work of the campus IT organizations to provide efficient and responsive IT services, advocate for necessary technology investments, and be accountable for the identification and mitigation of technology and information security risks.
EDUCATION – Master’s degree in computer science, information technology, finance, business administration, or related.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressive responsible experience managing a significant portfolio of technology and IT services in a complex multi-stakeholder environment.
- Direct experience working in or with either for-profit or nonprofit higher education institutions.
- A demonstrated commitment to and advocacy for diversity, equity, and inclusion within their IT organization, institution, and community.
The ideal candidate will have many of the following additional qualifications:
- Three to five years of experience as the senior-most IT leader (CIO) or a principal deputy to a CIO in an IT organization in higher education.
- Experience leading technology and organizational change efforts to fully leverage technology solutions to improve student services and facilitate business process change.
- Contributed to design and delivery of IT services to support constituents at multiple locations including online programs.
- Significant contributor to technology, data governance, and organizational development strategies to support data analytics and decision-making.
- Leadership presence with experience working with senior-level executives, corporate technology partners, and boards.
- Strategic vision, business and technical acumen, and strong communication and collaboration skills.
- A consensus builder experienced working within shared governance to build support for a decision or direction.
To be considered, applicants should apply to email@example.com. Candidates should submit a cover letter by November 12 to ensure full consideration.
Albizu is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.