SUMMARY: Formulates and executes the strategic plan to raise funds for the university. Responsible for raising funds in a cost-effective and time-efficient manner. Contributes to the advancement of the institutional short-range and long-term strategic objectives through gifts from foundations, corporations, individuals, and alumni support. Through fund development, will support the instructional, research, clinical, and service activities of the Miami and San Juan Campuses.
- Develop a strategic plan to raise funds to support the vision and mission of the university, through annual and major gifts.
- Raise significant funds in partnership with board members, the president, volunteers, and members of the leadership team.
- Create and implement cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship plans.
- Develop fundraising policies and procedures.
- Conduct appropriate prospect research.
- Draft and submit letters of intent, proposals, and other solicitation materials.
- Implement a fundraising and donor management system.
- Implement strategies to increase alumni engagement and giving.
- Assures a sound fiscal operation of the development function, including the timely and accurate development of income and expense budgets and reporting of charitable contributions.
- Implement cost-effective fund development activities that will yield a positive return on investment.
EDUCATION – Master’s degree in business administration, higher education administration, marketing, or related field preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Candidate must possess at least three years of experience in fundraising, including prospect research, grant writing, special events, and alumni affairs.
- The candidate must be organized, work independently, and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires highly developed writing and public speaking, using discretion, and maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Must be available for travel and to work evening/weekend as needed.
- Must speak, read, and write in English and Spanish.
The University promotes the candidacies of people with diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
Interested who meet all the requirements must include their summary to the following address:
www.albizujobs.com Deadline to receive applications: August 31, 2021
Please click on the following link to apply: https://tinyurl.com/albizujobs